Iron Man 2

Iron Man 2 - Alex Irvine, Justin Theroux Almost everyone who knows me knows that I'm a fan of numerous superheroes, including most of those from both the DC and Marvel universes: Superman, Spider-Man, Batman, the X-Men, Green Lantern, Captain America...I pretty much like them all! "Iron Man 2" was a great film; in my review of it, I said, "In some ways, it's better than the first." I wasn't 100% sure how well it would work as a book, especially one written by an author I hadn't previously heard of, even though I read a lot of tie-in fiction. Still, I decided to give it a shot. What did I think? It was great in many ways, not so much in a couple of others. The descriptions of the characters' thoughts were spot-on; Alexander Irvine did a wonderful job of getting into the heads of Tony Stark, Ivan Vanko, and even Pepper Potts. It was also beautifully written; the prose was easy to read, and the story kept me hooked, even though I already had seen the film and knew what would happen in the end. The only complaints I have are that the amount of profanity was somewhat higher, and the fight scenes weren't as elaborately described as they could have been. The latter isn't a huge issue, though; reading about brawling supermen just isn't quite the same as seeing in on the big screen. In short: If you enjoyed watching "Iron Man 2" in theaters or on DVD/Blu-Ray, you'll probably like this literary adaptation of it.