The Incredible Hulk

The Incredible Hulk - Peter David I'm a big fan of superhero tales, both on the printed page and the big screen, and, although I don't remember too much about 2008's "The Incredible Hulk" film, I do know I thought it was good, but not great. When I saw the novelization at a nearby library sale, and noticed that Peter David, who did an excellent job with the literary version of "Spider-Man 2" (my all-time favorite film) was the author, I picked it up immediately. I just read it in essentially one sitting tonight, and what did I think? In many ways, it was better than the movie. The characterization was much richer; you can hear all the characters' thoughts, none of which were shown in the movie (that I remember, anyway.) The action sequences were also spectacularly written; since I've forgotten most of the movie, the book was able to give me a mental picture of Hulk fighting the bad guys. The one downside was that there was more profanity than the film had; although the movie had some expletives, which are in the book's dialogue, the narration also had just as much language, if not more. So, in short: If you're a fan of Stan Lee's chartreuse strongman, you'll probably like this.