Taken

Taken - Thomas H. Cook I've never really watched the Sci-Fi (currently known as SyFy) network; the only production of theirs I've seen is the "Alice" mini-series, and I watched that on DVD. Still, when I saw this book at a local library sale for cheap, I decided to give it a chance. What did I think? It was great in some ways, but not so much in others. The writing style was much better than in some other movie/TV novelizations I've previously read; I didn't get the feeling that "Taken" was hastily slapped together just to make money like the literary adaptations of "Jingle All the Way" and "Jump In!" seemed to be. The story was also engaging. However, I felt like things moved a bit too fast in this novel. It seemed to jump from scene to scene, spanning decades of history in well under 400 pages. Add a moderate amount of profanity and a scene involving drug paraphernalia, and I found this one to be just mediocre. If you enjoyed the Sci-Fi mini-series this book is based on, you'll have to read it for yourself to see if you like it. For everyone else, I can only recommend getting it from the library or buying it at a very cheap price.